Receipt Printer is not printing
The first step is to decide if it’s a hardware fault or a software fault. This can be done by the printer “self test”.
Note that these steps are the same for the Epson TM-T88VI, Epson TM-T88V, Epson TM-T88IV & Epson TM-T88III.
Perform these “self-test” steps to make sure the receipt printer hardware is ok
- Make sure there’s paper in the printer. press paper feed to make sure it’s feeding paper
- Turn off the power switch on the receipt printer
- You need 2 hands for this : Hold down the paper feed button and switch the power on. Keep your finger on feed for 3 seconds
- If the Epson TM-T88V receipt printer starts printing out your settings then you can be 99% sure the problem is not with the hardware
- If you can’t get a print out you may have a hardware problem.
If you need specific help leave a comment below
Problem: No lights on the printer at all
Here are the basic troubleshooting steps we perform on the Epson TM-T88IV when it’s either not printing or printing garbage characters
NOTE: These steps are the same for new models like the TM-T88V and TM-T88VI.
Things to check
1. The power supply is plugged into the printer and the wall socket.
If you get lights TM-T88IV after connecting the power go to step 2. If not, you might have a faulty power supply
2. The lights turn on but keep flashing.
This could be a problem on the main board. The troubleshooting steps here are
- ensure paper is in the printer and the lid is properly closed
- perform the printer self-test
3. The lights turn on and stay solid.
This means the printer itself is ok. The problem will be one of the following:
- The cable between the printer and the computer has come loose.
- The printer interface settings are wrong and you need to change the printer dipswitches. Look in the manual for the USB, serial or parallel settings.
- The printer driver is not installed or has some wrong settings.
If you need specific help leave a comment below or call the support line